Welcome to the The Blogmas Edit’s first interview! Today, I’ve got for us the lovely lifestyle blogger Jupiter from Jupiter Hadley. She tells us the real reason why she doesn’t like snow and more about those funky lava lights…
1. WHAT’S THE BEST – OR WORST – CHRISTMAS PRESENT YOU’VE EVER RECEIVED?
Many of my Christmas gifts have been very functional. No one has really messed up when it comes to giving me gifts, as I tend to very much explain what I would like, as gifts should actually be something you’d like. The best gift I have ever had was a few years back, I had just moved into a small flat, and had been given a grow-your-own chili pepper plant thing. We planted the chilies and watched them grow, then ate them. They didn’t last another year, but it was a great little experience that I wasn’t expecting! The chilies were really good too.
2. NAME SOMETHING ABOUT CHRISTMAS THAT MOST PEOPLE LIKE, BUT YOU HATE (OR AT LEAST DISLIKE)
I don’t like snow. I know in England you don’t get much snow, but in America (where I grew up) we got a lot of snow. It’s pretty, I’ll admit it, but it’s not fun. Snow is so cold! It gets dirty and black so fast. In England, even the littlest bit of snow just makes everything in London break down – from trains not running to traffic piling up. It’s not beautiful enough to outweigh all of it’s negatives!
3. WHAT HOLIDAY MOVIE OR SPECIAL DO YOU WATCH OVER AND OVER AGAIN?
This may sound really silly, but I tend to watch American claymation films from the 1970s. My two favorites are Santa Clause is Coming to Town which tells the story of a king banning toys, so Kris Kringle creates and delivers them in a mysterious way, with a penguin side kick and A Year Without Santa Clause, which is about Santa taking a break for a year and the two seasons (Heat and Snow) fighting over control of the Earth. This one has a classical song called Heat Miser/Snow Miser which all of my family knows from heart.
4. WHAT’S THE WEIRDEST/UGLIEST CHRISTMAS DECORATION YOU’VE EVER OWNED?
The weirdest Christmas Decoration I own are these little lava lamp-looking lights that go on the tree. They are SUPER DELICATE and were passed down from my parents. They are called Retro Christmas Bubble Light Bulb String Lights – see photo below:
5. WHAT’S YOUR FAVOURITE CHRISTMAS SONG?
Oh it’s going to have to be Heat Miser/Snow Miser.
6. IF YOU COULD TRAVEL TO ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD FOR CHRISTMAS, WHERE WOULD YOU GO?
Probably Spain. I really love Spain and it’s not too cold there.
7. WHAT’S YOUR LEAST FAVOURITE ITEM ON YOUR CHRISTMAS TO-DO LIST?
This is a pretty hard question! I really like decorating, wrapping gifts, baking cookies, and purchasing gifts. I guess my least favorite item (this might be a cop-out) is cleaning up after Christmas dinner or cookie decorations!
8. IF SOMEONE OFFERED YOU A GIFT CARD TO ANY STORE YOU WANTED, WHICH ONE WOULD YOU CHOOSE?
Lush – always can use more bath bombs!
9. WOULD YOU RATHER BUILD A SNOWMAN, GO SLEDDING, HAVE A SNOWBALL FIGHT, OR STAY INSIDE DRINKING HOT COCOA?
I’d much rather stay inside drinking hot cocoa and looking at the snow from a distance.
10. NAME THREE WORDS THAT BEST DESCRIBE CHRISTMAS FOR YOU.
Festive, Food, Chilly.
*BONUS QUESTION* THE TRUE MEANING OF CHRISTMAS IS…
Family, friends, and good food.
Bio: Jupiter Hadley
Those these questions were answered by Jupiter, she runs a blog along with her partner Dann. They both write about days out, travel adventures, cooking recipes, reviews and so much more! With a focus on Lifestyle, you can follow their journey through their posts.
P I N T H I S P O S T !
If you would like to participate, visit my Blogmas Edit page for more details.