Egg-free fluffy pancakes (V)
Love pancakes but not a fan of eggs? No problem!
This delicious recipe is vegetarian friendly (make it vegan by substituting the milk for dairy-free milk and butter for coconut oil). You could even try swapping the self-raising flour for oat flour but I can’t comment on how fluffy the pancakes will be… will have to be a new experiment for me! I’ve also made protein pancakes in the past, there’s two protein pancake recipes here which you can try.
Here’s a photo of the ones I made the other day with vanilla ice on top and a homemade peanut butter dulce de leche caramel in between.. it was delicious! The kids had their pancakes with chocolate-hazelnut spread and Daddy P had his with traditional lemon and sugar. I liked making the pancakes small as they looked so cute and perfect size for small hands.
- 100g Self-raising flour
- 2 tbsp caster sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 150ml Whole or semi-skimmed milk (use dairy-free milk to make it vegan)
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp unsalted melted butter (use sunflower or olive spread to make it vegan)
- oil spray (a few tbsp oil for cooking)
- Sift the flour into a bowl, add in caster sugar and baking powder then mix – these are known as dry ingredients.
- Then add in milk, vanilla extract and butter – these are known as wet ingredients.
- Whisk all the ingredients together until a smooth consistency is formed, it should be a thick, creamy-smooth consistency.
- Put the hob on a medium heat and add oil to the pan, only use a small amount and distribute evenly either with a brush or flat spatula.
- Pour in the batter slowly and cook for around 2-4mins or until bubbles can be seen forming to the top of the pancake. You can check the base of the pancake, it should be a light brown colour before turning.
- Flip over and cook on other side for about 1-2mins, you can check by slightly lifting the pancake
- Use batter to make remaining pancakes and serve with your own toppings!
- Lemon and sugar
- Chocolate hazelnut spread
- Ice cream scoop
- Banana and caramel sauce
- Strawberries and whipped or pouring cream
- Greek yoghurt, blueberries and honey
- Cherry or mixed berry compote and vanilla ice cream
- Oranges (sliced) with grand marnier liqueur (alcohol)
- Syrup – golden or maple
- Any combination of the above!