Here’s a list of my favourite places to go with the children when we’re looking for cheap and free things to do in Greenwich and London:
- Take the kids over to the Ahoy! Children’s Gallery at the National Maritime Museum in the heart of Greenwich
- Book a free play session for your toddler at the Mudlarks Gallery inside the Museum of London Docklands then take a look at the rest of the museum. There’s some fabulous exhibitions on show!
- Take a look at the cute animals at Mudchute Farm and Animal Park – you can even walk to the farm from Greenwich’s foot tunnel on a sunny day.
- Visiting Greenwich Park? Don’t forget to head down to the Children’s Playground & Boating Area. There’s several climbing frames as well as a little cafe in the park, a green area where you can sit and relax, and a large sand pit which the kids LOVE in summer!
These events are subject to change without me knowing so please always check witch the event provider before attending.
*Due to the pandemic and current government advice please check the places below via their website for the latest updates on opening times, temporary closures etc.
More FREE places you can visit*:
- Greenwich Park
- Maryon Wilson Park
- Green Park
- Hyde Park and The Serpentine Gallery
- Battersea Park
- Tate Modern & Tate Britain
- White Cube Gallery http://whitecube.com/
- NOW Gallery SE10
- Hayward Gallery
- National Portrait Gallery
- National Gallery
- National Maritime Museum
- Museum of London Docklands
- Museum of London
- Natural History Museum
- Horniman Museum & Gardens
- Science Museum
- Wellcome Collection
- Victoria & Albert Museum (V&A)
- V&A Museum of Childhood
- British Museum
- British Library
- The Greenwich Centre
- The Woolwich Centre